Thursday, March 3, 2011

Now I'm really done!

Just like with any large project I begin, I have a difficult time finishing...not because I don't get to it, but because I keep finding something else to add to it.  I really thought I was finished with the baby things, but I came across a pattern for a really cute hoodie sweater on free patterns online.  I couldn't resist.  At first, I did not want to do a sweater because I thought my daughter-in-law Kim was going to make one.  She is just learning to knit and that was going to be her first big project.  However, she has very sore and cracked hands, so knitting is extremely painful for her right now.  She said she didn't mind if I made a sweater...so I did.  I started yesterday and finished the whole sweater, except for the hood.  I completed that this morning.
 
This is what it looks like.
Now I am back to working on the birthday pillows.  I have finished Dot's flower and have started on a butterfly for Zoe.  Again, I am making up the pattern as I go.  I have finished one right wing and have started on the first left wing.  I have to do two of each for front and back.  It will go much faster once I have finished one of each because the creating will be done.  Actually, the creating is already done as far as the wings go.  I just have to reverse the pattern for the left.  Sometimes that gets kind of tricky.  I have a difficult time with mirror images.  I have decided to do a boy sized monkey for Joey.  It is more like a stuffed toy than a pillow, but I think more appropriate for a boy.  I have made two of these monkeys before and I think they are really cute.  It will be just the thing for our little boy that we call a monkey anyway.


This is Dot's pillow.
I guess it is back to work on the butterfly while I have a chance to knit.  Joey is sleeping and Lexi is just being her usual happy little girl playing by herself.  What a good baby she is, even when she is sick with a cold like she is right now.  I feel so blessed with all of my wonderful grand babies.  I love them all so much and can't wait to meet our new little one...whatever it is since we don't know this time.

1 comment:

  1. You sure are LOVING being a Grandma! Beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete