Sunday, February 27, 2011

Ahhhhhh! Baby project completed!

What fun this project has been.  I haven't sewed with a machine since before Christmas and I really missed it.  I think that I will be satisfied for a little while now that I have made all the things I wanted to make for the new baby.  Best of all...I have a brand new heavy duty sewing machine that is making my sewing projects ever so much easier.  I didn't realize how time consuming my old machine had become.  It is a blessing in disguise that it broke down.  Below are the pictures of what else I have made besides the things I showed in my last blog.  All together I made 1 blanket, 2 towels, 7 wash clothes, 1 taggy cloth, 6 burping cloths, 2 crib sheets, 80 bum wipes, 10 receiving blankets, 2 sleepers, 3 sleep sacks, 3 white onsies, 4 colored onsies, 1 pocket diaper cover, 6 reversible diaper covers, 8 white PUL diaper covers with printed flannel outsides, 3 solid colored PUL diaper covers with white flannel insides, 8 specialty bibs (dog, cat, turtle, crab, 2 bugs, alligator, mystery animal), 3 PUL feeding bibs, 4 terry cloth feeding bibs, 14 drooling bibs (2 are PUL lined).  If you do not know what I mean by the PUL term, it is a water proof material that is great for diaper covers and bib liners.

2 extra small and 1 small onsies

white PUL lined flannel diaper covers

sleep sacks

PUL lined feeding bibs

PUL lined drooling bibs

cat & dog specialty bibs

turtle & crab specialty bibs

alligator and mystery animal bibs

bug specialty bibs

Winnie-the Pooh fleece sleeper

extra small onsies

small and medium onsies

table loaded with all the things I have made

taggy cloth (I make one for all the babies)

solid PUL diaper covers with flannel lining
Now, if only I can stay away from the sewing room and the material shop, I should be all set with sewing machine sewing for the time being.  I need to get back to knitting. I am currently working on pillows for the grand babies who will be celebrating their 2nd birthdays very soon...that would be Dot, Zoe, and Joey.  I have started making Dot's which is a daisy pillow, since she really likes daisies.  I couldn't find a pattern, so I am creating my own.  It is coming along nicely and is nearly finished.  I have to knit four more petals and then sew them together.  I'm not sure what I will do for the other two, but I need to get going with something for Zoe since her birthday is next month as is Dot's.  I have a little more time for Joey since his birthday is not until June.  Well, it is late and I need to get to bed.  School vacation is over, so it is back to babysitting tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment