Monday, February 14, 2011

Surprise Project

I got a surprise when I went to church this Sunday.  I teach a class of three-year old children.  I have had four in my class, but a new one appeared at my door.  I use a special technique to get the children settled into class each week with puppets that I have made to look like the children.  I also have an extra boy and a girl puppet to use in case I have visitors.  I was able to use the boy for my new student, but it was just temporary until I could get his puppet made.  So, what did I do first thing this Monday morning?  Of course I got right to work and made my new student puppet.  Here are some pictures of what we look like.

This is what our class puppets look like, including the new boy and me.

This is Phebe and her puppet.

This is Matthew and his puppet.

This is Jason and his puppet.

This is Braeden and his puppet.

This is my new little Ryan and his puppet.

I enjoy doing these little things for my students.  They seem to enjoy them so much and at the end of the year I let them take them home.  I also made a memory game with their pictures on the cards.  I made two cards of each student and we play Memory.  They love it when they find their own pictures. 

Time to get back to my embroidery.  I am almost done with it.  I only have two towels left to do.  I have been able to complete some more sewing machine projects this weekend.  I finished making six diaper covers, a diaper pocket cover, and two onesies.  Still have to work on the sleepers.

No comments:

Post a Comment