Saturday, February 5, 2011

What to do when...

What do you do when you make a mistake because the pattern wasn't correct?  Well, I found out when I made my grandsons shirts for Christmas.  For some reason the pattern was way too short.  For one, I was able to get some matching rib knitting and add a strip to the bottom of the shirt to extend the length.  However, for this shirt I was unable to find a matching ribbing.  I knew that I had seen shirts that had sleeves and lower extensions to the body, but I wasn't sure how to do it.  Yesterday, Joey had on a shirt with just what I was looking for.  I checked it out and decided that I could fix his shirt the same way.  I went to the store last night and picked up some material and came home and fixed his shirt.  The bottom extension is longer than I would like to have seen it, but I think it will work.  At least now he can wear it without it showing his bellybutton.


I actually think the shirt looks better with the extensions...more like a football shirt.

So, now that the shirt is fixed, I can turn my attentions to his pants.  This is the weekend and the time I get to do my sewing machine work.  I can't really get much done during the week unless I work at night when Joey and Lexi are not here.  It works well this way...knit during the week and sew on the weekends.  That way I get to break up my projects and I enjoy them more.  Now, if only I didn't have to clean my house first...projects are much more fun!

2 comments:

  1. Wow did that come out cute! I love it with the extensions! Will need a photo with Joey wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toni, Will have to wait on the photo. Cheryl tried to take one before she left, but he was crying too much to get a good shot. I will try when he wears them to my house. I also finished the sweat pants, but I didn't get a picture of them before she took them. Thanks for your positive comments.

    ReplyDelete