Friday, February 4, 2011

Lexi's sweater

Lexi's sweater is finished. I was worried because it looked way too wide, but when I tried it on her it fit just perfectly.  Her mother didn't like the neck the way the pattern showed, so I tried something a little different.  I wasn't sure if it would work, but I just made the same stitch that was used for the buttonhole edge instead of the bottom ribbing.  I worked four rows in the matching stitch and then four rows of stockinette stitch like the rest of the sweater.  Then I folded the collar in half, turned it in, and sewed it along the neck line.  It's a little thick, but I think her mother will like it better than the designed collar from the pattern.

 
My adorable little honey bunny in her new sweater.

What's the next project?  Well, for Christmas of 09 I knitted socks for everyone in the family...that was nine adults and four children.  Kim, one of my daughters-in-law, loves hers so much that she has nearly worn out her pair.  She has requested an order for two more pairs.  I started in last night and hope to have one pair done by next week.  Socks are quite difficult and take time because the yarn is so thin and the needles so small.  It takes ten rounds to get an inch and the top of the sock is eight inches, so eighty rounds of fifty-six stitches just to get the top done.  The foot is much more time consuming, but I'm up to the challenge.  If I can make thirteen pairs, I can easily make two.

Along with the socks, I am working on some sewing machine projects.  My daughter requested some more pants for Joey.  I made corduroy pants for Christmas for the grandsons.  Cheryl likes Joey's and asked me to make more.  I am making one corduroy pair and a pair of sweat pants. I have a much larger project started for the new baby due in April.  I will talk about it in my next blog.  No time now because Lexi just woke up and needs my attention.

2 comments:

  1. Shirley, what color is the sweater? It DID come out beautifully! Wow!

    I want to make that chocolate torte dessert with the chocolate pudding and cake... I think that Michelle usually made it for family gatherings. Are the ingredients: cool whip, chocolate pudding, chocolate cake and crunched up Heath Bar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toni, yes, those are the ingredients. Just layer each ingredient throughout the dessert dish of your choice.

    The sweater is white.

    ReplyDelete