Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Oh...the frustration of it all!!!!

I can't believe what happened this time!  I bought the yarn for the self-striping socks like I did for the Christmas socks I made in 09.  I took both balls of yarn from the same bin and it looked like the same yarn.  Take a look at the socks and you will see that the yarn was close, but not the same.  I'm hoping that Kim will want to keep them.  If not, I will have to buy some more yarn and knit another sock, hoping to get a match for one of these.
You can see that the left sock has a darker color.  The connecting thin stripe is dark in the left sock and it is dotted in the right sock.  Also, the dark blue in the right sock is a lighter color than the dark blue stripe in the left sock.  Why couldn't it be the same?

You can see that the stripes are not in the same place, but that is supposed to happen with self-striping.  However, the different color is not suppose to happen.  Oh well...such is life!

I wanted to add some more pictures of socks I made for Christmas 09. Beside the socks that Lucy was wearing in my last blog, I have a few more to share.
Ellis, TW, and Ellen wearing their socks
This is Zoe in her socks. 
Zoe is also wearing her sweater that was like the one Lucy was wearing in my last blog.  You can see the cable a little bit in this sweater.  It shows a little bit along the buttons and on the sleeve cuffs.  Well, I need to get back to work on the next pair of socks.  Hopefully, the two balls of yarn will match.

2 comments:

  1. Oh... that is a total bummer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toni, Kim liked the socks and said it was okay, so at least it is finished and the other pair is well on the way.

    ReplyDelete