Saturday, October 22, 2011

Six Down With Three To Go

I just completed another sweater for my grandchildren's Christmas presents.  I have already completed four new ones and plan to use two that I had knitted previously for no one in particular.  They are the appropriate size for two of my grand kids, namely Zoe and Jackson.  That means I have finished six and still need to do three, since I will knit one for our newest little boy that will be born at the end of February.  Here are the six completed sweaters.

This is Ellis's sweater.  His mom requested the colors and design.  It is made from wool yarn from their own sheep.
Dot's fishermen knit sweater.

Lucy's sweater matches her sister's, but a slightly different color.
Portia's sweater is also designed as her mother requested and with their own wool yarn.
Jackson's sweater is also 100% wool from the Vieira sheep.  This is one that I had previously made.

Zoe's sweater is not wool and was one of my first attempts at knitting in designs.
Another project that I completed this week is a bib that was ordered by Eva for her grand daughter.  She wanted me to make a bib that said I (heart) my uncle in honor of her other son.  She intends to use it for a Christmas gift, so there was no real rush.  I just wanted to get it completed before I get too involved in my other sewing.  I have pajamas and sweat suits planned for the grand kids this year, so I need to get started on them soon.  I am also working on the woodlands play mat that I am making for our new little boy.  It is going to be for Christmas also.
Eva didn't want a real picture of her son, because there is another uncle from Mom's side.  I thought the bears are nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment