Wednesday, October 19, 2011

What now?

Halloween is still a few days away, but Joey and Lexi had to go to a birthday party for their cousin last Saturday, and it was a costume party as well.  Cheryl had requested Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia costumes this year.  I couldn't find patterns for these costumes, so I went online and found pictures.  I just used patterns for things I did have that were similar and used a little imagination to come up with some pretty similar looking costumes.  I had Joey's costume finished, but Lexi's was just cut out and was going to be too short.  She told me Friday night that it would be nice to have the costumes for Saturday afternoon, so I got right on it.  I of course finished Lexi's costume around midnight and Cheryl picked them up on her way to the party.  She said that if it didn't fit, she just wouldn't dress Lexi for the party and I could get it fixed for Halloween.  Luckily, it fit.

Joey's Luke Skywalker costume.  The boots were actually made from a pajama pattern.  I like them a lot even though they are hard to see in the picture.

Lexi's Princess Leia costume.  The dress was made from a shirt pattern, but I didn't have enough material to make it as long as it needed to be, so I used a different material and added the bottom piece.  Turned out to be just the right length.


Ellen gave me the yarn she wanted me to use for Ellis's and Portia's Christmas sweaters Friday night when we were at Ellis's birthday dinner.  I started working on Portia's sweater Saturday night and finished it on Tuesday.  I then started on Ellis's sweater.  I have it nearly half finished.  I was able to do a lot of knitting today because it was so rainy that I was unable to get out with the kids for our walk and outdoor playtime.  There really wasn't much else to do except to knit.  Portia was over tonight, so I was able to try the sweater on her and I am very pleased to know that it fits fine.  I hope she doesn't grow and awfully lot before Christmas, or she will not get much use out of it.  I made it size 1 year, and she is just about 6 mo. now.  She is a big girl and growing fast.

Portia's sweater.  Her mother wanted me to use the special wooden buttons her father brought back from some foreign country.  She also requested the stripes and the tassel.

Baby Portia wearing her own sweater this time.  She has been a model for my last two sweater sets I made for my friend.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment