Tuesday, February 28, 2012

One Hat Done, Two to Go

Well, it hasn't been easy, but I finally got the yarn for the hat that Lois wanted me to make.  She sent the yarn in the mail from Boston.  She put her own postage on the package, but it wasn't enough.  The mailman tried to deliver the package to me on Sat., but I could not get out to him in time and he drove off leaving a note saying that I needed to pick the package up at the post office.  The post office was already closed for the day, so I could not pick it up until Mon.  When I got to the post office on Mon. morning, I was told that the package was at the main office and would not be delivered there until around 10:00.  Since I had little ones to watch, I did not want to go back out later to get it.  I asked the postmaster if he would call the main office and see if the truck had left yet to make deliveries.  He did, and luckily the package was still there and they put it aside, so that I could go pick it up and pay the additional postage.  When I opened the package, she had a note asking me to make three hats instead of one.  She needed the big one done by the 28th, which was the next day.  I could get it knitted by then, but I could not get it to her by the next day.  I had emailed her earlier to tell her about the postage problem.  She called me after I had gotten the yarn and apologized for the mix-up.  She said it was alright if I couldn't get it done in time, but she actually needed the hat by Thurs. when her grand daughter was coming to visit.  That made it doable.  I got the hat knitted yesterday, and I mailed it back to her this morning.  She does not need the other two hats as quickly, so I will work on them a little at a time.

I think it looks a little wide, but it is done to the specifications that she asked for.
It's a beautiful day today, so I don't know how much knitting I will get done.  I plan on getting outside with the kids for awhile.

1 comment: