Wednesday, February 22, 2012

One Down...Two To Go

I just finished the first of the dresses for my granddaughters' birthdays.  This one will be for Dot since her birthday is first.  I will make another one like hers, but in purple, for Zoe.  I will make one for Lucy that is more like a fairy dress.  I am finding the material to be very difficult to work with.  It doesn't cut straight.  It frays horrendously, along with being slippery or clingy.  Also, the pattern calls for a lot of gathering and layering which takes a lot of time and, at times, frustration.  I was pleased with the final outcome.  I ran out of material to make the belt the light blue, but I had left over green material that I am using for Lucy's dress, so I made the belt reversible with light blue on one side and green on the other.  It looks nice either way. 







I got a call today from the lady from Boston that has me do some knitting for her.  She wants me to make another baby hat for her by next week.  She is sending the yarn in the mail today, so that I can get right on it.  I guess I will never be totally finished with hats.

1 comment: