Monday, September 24, 2012

Baby Bib Order Complete, Plus Pirate Costume

A  neighbor called the other day and ordered some baby bibs for a shower she will be going to.  I was happy to make the bibs, since I am finishing up on projects and need things to do.  Also, bibs are great because they are an awesome way of using up tons of scraps from my left over material.  I finished the order today and delivered it this evening.  Here are the bibs.

Novelty cow and monkey feeding bibs.

Novelty puppy and kitty drooling bibs.

Drooling bibs

Drooling bibs

I guess you can tell that the baby is a girl.  The order called for bibs that could be used right away, so I made more of the smaller drooling bibs than the feeding bibs. All of the bibs are backed with liquid proof material, except for the one with the bears.

Another project that I finished last week was Ellis' Halloween costume.  I knew that I was going to be going to Maine to see him this week end, so I asked him last week, when he was visiting, what he wanted to be this year.  He said he wanted to be a pirate.  I was only able to get started on it on Wednesday night, and I needed to have it finished by Friday morning when I was planning on leaving to Maine.  I got it finished and took the sewing machine along with me, just in case I needed to make adjustments.  Of course, since I had my machine, it was fine.  Actually, the legs were a little too long, but that required hand sewing.  I'm sure that if I had not taken my machine with me, that there would have been something that would have needed to be done on the machine.  That is the way things usually work for me.  Anyway, here are some pictures of my little pirate.

The pants are supposed to be at the calf.  Since they have a cuff, I had to bring the whole cuff up by one length.  I stitched it in place by hand, because I didn't want to take the whole thing out and start over. The sword is foam board with the blade spray painted silver and the handle wrapped in material that I used for the vest.  It feels like leather on the front side, but not on the back.  It was great to work with.

I bought the hat and stitched the skull and bones patch on by hand.

Before I returned from Maine, I received a telephone call from my daughter requesting the costumes for her two children.  At least, she didn't wait until the week before like she usually does.  She likes to dress her son and daughter in matching theme based costumes.  The first year, she had me make a football player for Joey and a cheer leading one for Lexi (at the time they were one and four months).  Last year, they were Luke Skywalker and Princes Leia. This year, she wants Woody and Jessie.  I was able to get the cow print material (see above in the cow bib), but not the Woody shirt material.  I bought some plain yellow material and will use a red material marker to put the stripes on it.  It will do. I will need to make the vest for Woody, chaps for Jessie, and shirts for both.  I bought the jeans and accessories. I found cowboy boots for Lexi, but I cannot find any for Joey.  I am going to check upstairs and see if I still have some left over from my boys when they were little.  I always had them in boots, but I don't know if I kept them.  I have a lot of stuff that I did keep, and just maybe, there will be boots that will fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment