Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Starring: Joey as Woody and Lexi as Jessie

I know that there is still over a month to go before Halloween, but when I get an order for something to be made, I get right on it and finish as soon as possible.  This time, it was the Toy Story character costumes for Lexi and Joey. Cheryl was just giving me a heads up, so I could start planning.  I get so excited to see the outcome of things, that I just can't wait to see the final results.  Especially, when it involves such cute models as any of my beautiful grand children. So, here they are...Woody and Jessie.

Joey as Woody.   I had to make lots of adjustments to make this costume more realistic.  The hat was black and needed to be brown, so I hot glue gunned on some brown felt. The boots had canvas camouflage tops, so I also hot glue gunned the brown felt. The shirt material was plain gold, so I put in the checks with red material marker.  The checks do not show up too well in the picture, but they look great in person.  Joey likes it just the way it is.  I couldn't get him to take it off.  I hope it will last until Halloween.

Woody on Bullseye.

Lexi as Jessie. At first, Lexi loved the costume and would not take it off until her nap.  I didn't have the shirt finished, so I could not take her picture until after her nap.  She was not happy with me for trying to take a picture of her wearing it.  She is trying to escape from me in this shot of the back of her costume.  I did not have a chaps pattern, so I came up with this idea, using a pants pattern. The front was shaped as the front of the pants. The back, as you can see, has the legs cut and attached at the crotch area. They fit right over her jeans. I have a wide elastic across the back of the waste to hold the chaps up. They look really cute and I am pleased with the final results.

This is the best I could get of the front. Jessie (Lexi) is headed for the closet. She likes to hide in there when she is upset with Grandma.  I wish I could have had the shirt finished before her nap. She was happier about it then. Actually, she wasn't upset about wearing the costume...she just didn't want me to take her picture.

Now, it is back to the afghan.  I corrected the mistake that I had made when I was last working on it.  I had just four rows to go when I discovered that I had somehow increased my stitches by two.  I had to take out two rows to get back to where I had made the error.  I now have finished the block and I am in the process of attaching it to the rest of the afghan.  I hope to finish it tonight.  I basically just have the trim to do, which I will crochet.  It should go pretty fast.  I will be very happy to finish this afghan.  I'm not sure why it has been so hard for me to get this one finished.  I have taken so many breaks from it to finish the quilts, the bibs, and the costumes.  I seldom take so long to finish a project, but I think this one will finally be done soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment