Saturday, September 15, 2012

A Pair of Birds for a Pair of Sisters

A lady in my congregation at church just had a baby girl this past week.  I wanted to make a toy for the new baby, and since she has a big three year old sister, I felt that two toys were in the order.  When I looked at my patterns to see what I would make, I was quickly drawn to the chicken.  I thought that would be a nice toy...a chick for a new chickadee. Next, I wondered which animal I should make for the big sister.  I decided on the owl...making it two birds for two sisters.

Two birds of a feather flock together.

I have almost finished the last afghan for Christmas presents.  This one has taken me a very long time to finish.  I started it, then took a break while I worked on the quilts.  I felt that knitting when I am watching my grandchildren is easier than working on the sewing machine like I had to do with the quilts.  I got back to work on the afghan after I finished the quilts, but for some reason, it still seems to be taking me longer than it did for the other three.  I'm not really sure why this is so, but I will be finished soon.  I only have three more square blocks to knit.  Most of the afghan has already been assembled.  I just have the two short rows to add, and then I will knit a border around the whole afghan like I did with the others.  It will be nice to have everything made that I plan to do for Christmas, but I'm not sure what I will do after I do finish.  I will think of something; I'm sure of it.  I may make some baby hats and donate them to the hospital. I guess they can always use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment