Thursday, October 10, 2013

Costume Time 2013

I have had a lot of requests for costumes this year.  So far, I have made a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, Iron Man, Batman, a bat, a bunny, and have a Tangled princess costume cut out.  I am showing only the Batman, bat, and bunny this time.  I have to wait until Joey brings the Turtle costume back so I can take a picture of it.  Iron Man needs to have his helmet, boots, and gloves be brought down from Maine so they can be shown with the suit that I made for Ellis. The Tangled costume for Lexi is waiting to be sewn.  All of the costumes have been designed by me, except for the Tangled dress. I still need help when it comes to princess dress patterns. I have had a lot of fun creating these patterns.

The bat is for a friend, Luthien, but is being modeled by Joey.


This shows the Batman without my friend, Bastian.

The bunny is for my little Portia.


I will show the other costumes when I get a picture of them.  Meanwhile, I will continue to work on my Christmas projects.  I just have to finish the last slipper and I will have all the sock slippers finished that I am making for the men.  I'm still working on creating a sweater that may or may not be for Cheryl.  She isn't crazy about sweaters, so I am trying to create a pattern of one that she may like.  If she does not like it, I will give it to my friend for her birthday and make a pair of pants for Cheryl that she can wear to work.  I have the other sweaters all finished for the women.  I am also making animal hats for all the kids.  I almost have the first one finished.  It is a good thing that they do not take long to make, since I need to make eleven of them.  Nine for my grand children, one for Taylor who is a little girl I have been watching while her mom recuperates from reconstructive hip surgery, and one for Isamu, the Japanese exchange student that is living with my son and daughter-in-law for the year. I am also still working on the secret gift for my good friend, Nancy.  It is about 2/3 done. I should be able to keep busy right up until Christmas with what I have left to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment