Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Rapunzel, Rapunzel, Let Down Your Hair

Wow! I just finished Lexi's Rapunzel costume.  It came out so cute.  The hair is really cool.  I don't know how people come up with these patterns, but this is a really awesome one. I can't believe how many layers are used in this little dress.  I actually left one of them out.  It has an overskirt, a skirt, and a slip skirt. It was supposed to have a ruffle layer also, but I think that was just a little too much.  It poofs out enough without it. It was also supposed to lace across the front of the bodice like a shoe, but I don't want to put the eyelets in.  I don't do well with eyelets.  I think it looks okay without it.  I think Lexi will like it because she loves dressing up like a princess.  This is one of the ones she is familiar with, so I am happy that I was able to fine the pattern to make it. 



Rapunzel.  I can't wait to take a picture of Lexi wearing the costume.

I also got a little creative today and made a cover for the rocking horse that I have outside for the kids to play with.  I have been using an old grill cover that fit over it very nicely, but it has totally worn through from the weather.  I cut it apart and used the pieces for a pattern for a new cover.  I used a light weight tarp for the material.  I was able to use the edge pieces of the tarp for the edge pieces of the cover.  It worked out really well, so now the horsey will not get wet and the metal frame will not rust.  I love it when things turn out the way I hope they will when I start a project like that.

Hidden beneath this cover is a little brown horse that I used for my kids, and now for my grand kids.

I think I have finished all the costumes I need to make this year.  Now, it is just knit, knit, knit on those Christmas presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment