Friday, November 1, 2013

Animal Hats Thus Far

I have started making the fifteen animal hats that I am making for my nine grand children and a few others, for Christmas.  I have five of them completed, plus the first one I made that was too small for the intended receiver of the hat.  I had to make a larger one for Ellis and will give the smaller one to a friend's grandson. Some of the hats are being modeled by kids that will not be getting that particular hat.

This dog is for Ellis.  It can have the ears turned up like this one...

...or hang down like this one.

Joey is doing his best to be a puppy dog while he models the hat for Ellis.

Joey wearing Ellis' hat and Lexi modeling the smaller hat for my friend, Bennett.
This little mouse is for Dot.  I just finished it, so I have no model yet.
This adorable chicken is for Portia.

Lexi is an adorable chick.
This monkey hat is for my little monkey, Joey.  He is dying to see it, but I told him, "Not until Christmas."

My little friend, Taylor, modeling Joey's monkey hat.
I absolutely love this frog hat for Ezra.  It can also have the ear flaps up like this to look like legs and feet, or...

...with the flaps down.  Either way works for me.  I have no model because it is too small for the others.
So, that is it for hats.  I have also made costumes for Halloween that I want to share. I've already shown some of them, but these are being modeled by the ones the costumes were intended for.


Joey as Leonardo Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle (front view).

Hind view of the Turtle.


Leonardo Ninja Turtle (Joey) and Rapunzel (Lexi).

Batman (Bastian) and the bat (Luthien).
I am still waiting for a picture of Ellis as Ironman.  I didn't get a chance to get a picture of it before Ellis took it back to Maine.  I also need to get a picture of Portia wearing her bunny costume that I shared in an earlier blog.

Now that Halloween is over, I will be working on the rest of the hats, Cheryl's sweater that may or may not be for her, and the secret project I am making for my friend, Nancy.  I just found out today that Joey's teacher is going to have a boy in March.  I have started to knit a blanket that I will finish for her.  My friend's daughter is having a baby, but I will wait until I find out what it is before I start to make something for that baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment