Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A Sweater and a Hat

I finished two more projects, the elephant hat for Isamu and the sweater that may or may not be for Cheryl (I'm guessing - NOT).  I am not particularly satisfied with the design.  The idea was right, but the tails are too long, and the back is too short.  The rest of the proportions came out right, but I'm not sure if it looks that great with such long tails.  It may not be comfortable with the back so short.  It is hard to tell for sure.  I tried it on, but my body is bigger than Cheryl's, so it may fit her better and look better on her.  I couldn't believe how hot it was.  I used a pretty light weight yarn, but it is still hot.  Cheryl is a lot like me when it comes to wearing sweaters.  I cannot because I get too hot in them. She is much the same.  That is why she didn't really want one in the first place.  I just wanted to try to design my own sweater since she couldn't find a style she liked. If she isn't satisfied with it, I will gift it to my friend for her birthday.  I think she will like it.

I think the elephant hat is adorable.  It is for Isamu, a teenage Japanese exchange student. Hope he will like it. His exchange mom said he likes elephants.  She requested that I make one for him.

This angle shows the trunk a little better.  I am amazed at how the person who designed this hat was able to figure out how to make the trunk and the tusks turn up like this.

Lexi modeling the elephant hat.

Precious!

It's hard to get a good shot of this sweater, but this shows it from the front.

Back view.

I really can't believe that I finished this sweater.  I had a lot to do when I picked it up this morning to just do a few rows.  I was so excited to see if my idea was going to work that I was unable to put it down until it was finished.  This should have been the last of my Christmas projects, but it seems I am never really done.  I decided to make another gift for Isamu.  I'm going to make him a pair of sock slippers like the men are all getting.  So, that means that he will get the same gift as the kids (an animal hat) and the same as the men (the sock slippers).  Hope he will like both.

No comments:

Post a Comment