Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Portia's Art Apron

I started the apron first thing this morning by designing a pattern that I thought would fit the bill for the request of an art apron for Portia; one that would hold her brushes.  I was fortunate enough to find some perfect material for the project.  One piece was actually an old curtain that someone had given to me with other scrap materials that they had no use for.  I can find a use for almost anything.  I searched my supply for something to use as a contrast material for the pockets.  I had in mind something different, but could not find what I was looking for.  I'm kind of glad, because the piece I found was even better than the other would have been.  I had planned on just using this material for the contrast, but I had so much of it that I decided to make the apron reversible so that one side was the solid blue and the other side was with the plaid material.  I made pockets of each material so that I could have the pockets in the contrast color for both sides.  Here is the final results.

Side one shows the stitching that gives the pockets little compartments for the brushes and other such things.

Side two with brushes.





A slightly larger model than the apron is intended for is not too happy about wearing the apron.

I managed to get a smile out of him modeling this side of the apron.

Do I dare say that I am done with Christmas projects.  Ooops, not yet.  I still have chocolates to make.  Maybe that will be for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment