Monday, November 7, 2016

Done With Festival Items for a Time

For now,  I am finished with items for the holiday festival.  I felt an urgency to get to the sweaters that I need to finish for orders for Christmas.  If I get done with one sweater, I may feel more confident and try to do some more stuff, but for the time being, I think I have enough things to put on display for sell. Here are the final things I have finished.

This shows the man's slouchie beanie hat. I feel it may be too large and if I have time, I will make another a little smaller.  Of course, the headband is for a woman.  both items do not appear to be the color that they actually are.  The hat is chocolate brown and the headband is plum purple. 

This shows the two scarves I made.  The gray one is 100% wool and a little thicker that I anticipated.  If you like wool, it is nice, but I'm not that fond of it.  The other is a lace scarf and was extremely difficult to stay on pattern.  Each row was so different and it took an immense amount of concentration to stay on pattern.  Since I knit a lot while watching young children, sometimes it is difficult to really stay focused, so I did not make it as wide as it was supposed to be, but I think it looks just fine with the width.  The length was what it was supposed to be because it was worked on a circular needle and I used the correct number of stitches per round.  It is made from acrylic yarn. 

This shows the two scarves folded and laying flat.

This shows the detail of the lace pattern.  I had to look hard to find an area where I had not made a mistake.  Just looking at the scarf as a whole, it is hard to see the mistakes, but if you examine it closely, many can be found.  Usually when I make a mistake, I just take it out and start over from the spot where the mistake was made.  However, with this pattern, it was too hard to take out.  There were too many knit two together and knit, knit, pass over stitches and loop overs in a round that it was hard to determine when each had been made and if I took it out it was too easy to lose stitches, so I just tried to fudge it a work around the mistake.  Usually, it looked okay and it was hard to see that a mistake had been made, but I know they are there.  I still think it looks nice enough to sell, so I am going to use it.

So, as I said, I have started the first sweater.  It is coming along nicely.  I am almost to the armhole shaping on the back panel and I have just been working on it for two evenings.  It is a cabled sweater like one I have already made twice.  I have given myself a two week goal, but hopefully, it will not take that long.  I am really anxious to complete anything I start.  I want to be done yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment