Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It's never as easy as it seems!

After a number of mistakes and do overs, I finally finished another ensemble.  I probably need to make one more thing to go with this one.  I think I need to make a shirt to go with the pants.  The jacket can go with the dress or the pants, but if worn with the pants, it still needs a shirt.  That will come later.  I was a little upset with this pattern because it doesn't seem to run to indicated size too well.  It is the pattern I used for the six month cow girl outfit that turned out to be for a three month size.  This one is supposed to be an eighteen month, but is easily a size two, if not larger.  However, the real problem with this pattern turned out to be the jacket.  It seemed so straight forward that I didn't feel I needed to keep referring to the guide.  Big mistake!  I had to keep taking things apart and doing them over yesterday.  It was a day for that.  Even with my knitting, I had the same problem.  I just kept messing up and had to keep taking out and doing over.  Today was much better, and I accomplished much more.  Lexi has been such an angel to let me do a lot of machine sewing while Joey is sleeping.  She is such a good baby and plays by herself so well.  Another big problem I had with this pattern were the ruffles.  None of the pieces seemed to be long enough to give enough of a ruffle effect.  It might be that I used knit material and it stretches too much to give the right effect.  Anyway, they will have to do because I am not taking them apart again for anything.  I'm finished with these articles of clothing.,

I really like the dress, except that it much larger than I had planned.

The jacket makes a nice compliment to the dress.

The jacket is pretty, but I hope the sleeves aren't too long.  They seem to be, but maybe it is because the jacket is supposed to be short and they just appear to be long.

Definitely need a shirt to go with these pants.

Perhaps a dark pink shirt will complete this ensemble.  I have just the right material for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment