Thursday, June 2, 2011

Summer clothes for Joey and Lexi

Cheryl requested some more clothes more Joey and Lexi.  We have had a few warm nights and Cheryl said her house has been very warm.  The kids don't have any summer pajamas and Lexi doesn't have any shorts.  She has quite a few tops, but needs shorts to go with them.  Unfortunately, I try to use material I have left over from other projects, and some of it doesn't match the tops she has.  That means that I now need to finish some tops to go with the shorts that I made for Lexi.  Everything is cut out for five outfits.  The shorts are all finished, but I still need to sew the tops.  Some of the shorts were plain, so they could match shirts she already has, but at least two pairs need shirts before she can use them.  Cheryl likes to have everything look very well coordinated.  I made four pairs of pajamas for Joey and three for Lexi.  All of them are finished.  Here's a peek at what I have finished.

Joey hates to have his picture taken and he hates to change his clothes even more...thus the back side of Joey in his new pajamas.  He was really mad with Grandma.

This is the front side of the pajamas Joey was wearing in the above picture.

Another pair of pajamas without Joey wearing them.

This pair of pajamas was a nightmare.  I had to keep changing the top to get it to look like a boy's top and then when I thought I had it right, it didn't fit...so it was back to the drawing table to do over for the third time.

Cheryl requested a plain Jersey knit pair of pajamas and this was the best I could do.

This is one of the pairs of shorts that I made for Lexi with a top she already had.

Two pairs of summer pajamas for Lexi

Unlike her  brother, Lexi loves to pose for the camera.  Here, she is styling a pair of her pajamas.
I have still been working on Eva's order.  I just finished the cotton knit baby throw today.  Tomorrow, I will start the Noah's Ark play mat.  I always like to have a knitting project going along with the sewing machine work.  I knit when the kids are just playing, watching TV, or taking naps.  I can sew quite a bit if Lexi is awake and Joey is napping because she is so good to play by herself.  I have more things cut out to sew for Eva when I finish with Lexi's tops.  Since Lexi is just going to turn one in nine more days, she makes a good target for patterns for Eva's grand baby who will be one next summer.  I figured that she could use some summer pajamas also, so I cut out pajamas for that order when I was cutting out Lexi's.  That way, I killed two birds with one stone, you might say.

This is the 100% cotton knit baby throw.

1 comment:

  1. I am continually amazed at the beautiful work you do!!! Lucky grandkids!

    Shirley, what type of fabric did you use for the PJs?

    ReplyDelete