Monday, June 27, 2011

More surprise projects!

Just when I think I am going to finish up with things, I find something new and exciting to try.  I found a pattern for these really cute bath time puppet pals.  They are made from wash clothes and I think they are really cute, so I decided to make some for Eva's order.  I also decided to make one of the novelty bibs like the ones I made for the baby shower for who turned out to be Portia.  Another project I finished today was a summer time blankie for Joey.  His fleece fringe tied is very hot for the summer, but he is so attached to it.  I tried to make one similar with cotton material so that it is not so hot, but I added some fleece on the edge so that I could make fringe and tie it.  That way, the fringe will still feel like what he likes.  He needs to rub the fringes when he is going to sleep.  Hopefully, he will adjust to this new blankie like he did with the first one I made for him.  I also refinished the cotton play top so that the shoulder straps are overlapped and now it doesn't hang so low.  I added a ladybug button to the front so that it wasn't so plain.  I guess that will do for now.

These are the bath time puppet pals.
This is the novelty bib.


Joey's new blankie.  I had to cut out and heat fuse the Boston Red Sox logos onto the plain red material.
This is the refinished cotton knit play top.
  
Lexi modeling the top.  She loves to say, "Ohhh."
I have half of the animals finished for the Noah's Ark play mat.  It is my plan to have everything finished and ready to show Eva by this weekend.  I want everything done before the 4th of July and that is coming up next Monday.  I plan to knit for the next two days because I will have Joey and Lexi again.  Then, on Thursday I want to sew those sleepers that I seem to never get to.  I thought I was going to sew them today, but I made those other things instead.  Also, I had to fix some banners for Tony to put on the car that he will be riding in for the parade on the 4th with the other town selectmen.  I bought the vinyl banners, but they didn't have any way to attach them to the car.  I needed to add some large metal eyes to the corners.  To do this, I folded the top and bottom edges down about an inch and a half to make the vinyl stronger, and then I used white duct tape to hold the folded edge in place.  Then I attached the eyes to the corners.  Hopefully he will be able to attach the banners to the car by using bungee cords around the front and back of the car from sign to sign.  I've had a busy day, but I have accomplished a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment