Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What to do in an instant?

My daughter Cheryl asked me to make something for a friend of hers from work that is having a baby girl, her second child.  She said they aren't giving her a shower but, she still wants to give her something.  She said that since she knows I like to make baby things that maybe I could make something for her.  I was going to just give her the nursery rhyme quilt that I made for Eva's order because it was something a little extra anyway.  Cheryl seemed disappointed because she didn't think I did much to make the quilt.  All I had to do was put the ribbon around the edges.  So, when I went to the store last night to get some cotton yarn to make the playtime top for Eva's order, I found a delightful book of patterns for toy animals.  I decided to make one of them for Cheryl to give to her friend.  The best part of it is that the animals are small and can easily be used to make another hanging toy play mat.  I can't wait for someone to have another baby so that I can make a play mat with these adorable animals.


This is the nursery rhyme quilt

This little piglet with a crooked smile looks ready to dance in her little red skirt.
 So, this is what I do in an instant when someone asks for something right away.  I love making little toys anyway, so this was not a big deal at all.  I started it at 10:00 last night and finished all but the legs, tail, and skirt.  I knitted those things today and put them altogether.  The whole thing probably only took about two hours to complete.

1 comment:

  1. The quilt turned out beautifully! But the little piglet is just precious!

    ReplyDelete