Thursday, June 30, 2011

Now it is official!

I just got back from Eva's.  She accepted all the items I made for her and was delighted with everything.  I am so happy.  I finished the last animal for the Noah's Ark play mat last night.  With everything completed, I went to Eva this morning to show her the things.  While I was at her place, I received two more orders for adult sweaters from workers at her organic garden farm.  They are friends with my son and daughter-in-law who grow the sheep from which I get my wool yarn.  The man has already bought one of my hats.  He loved it and said he never took it off until the hot weather came.  He said he wants a sweater to match the hat.  He wants it to look like a sweater that I made for my grandson, so I will need to see what I can do to make an adult sweater similar to the child's hoodie that I made for Ellis.  The woman wants a sweater like the one I made for my daughter-in-law.  I think I will wait till the fall to work on the sweaters.  It is too hot to knit with wool in the summer.
Finally, the sleeper with the feet is finished.  It was one of the first things I cut out.

Leo the Lion/Noah's Ark animal

Madeline the Monkey/Noah's Ark animal

Gerry the Giraffe/Noah's Ark animal

Ellie the Elephant/Noah's Ark animal

Dorothy the Dove/Noah's Ark animal

Freddie the Fish/Noah's Ark animal

Terry the Turtle/Noah's Ark animal

Noah's Ark play mat with animals all bundled safely within the ark.
Well, it's off for a little break.  Before long I'm sure I will be back to crafting.  I have a few projects in mind for Christmas presents and I will need to get started.  I will not be able to share all of these things, at least the ones for the ladies.  They may see it on the blog.  I think I am safe with the men and the children.

1 comment:

  1. Shirley, congratulations on your *new* orders!!!! You do such a beautiful job on your knitting and sewing! I LOVE everything!

    That's great that Eva liked all your projects!

    ReplyDelete