Thursday, August 9, 2012

Another Productive Day

I was determined this morning to get the Cinderella quilt finished today.  Well, I almost did.  I have everything done, except for the hand sewing on the binding.  I was able to assemble the top, cut the back and the batting, baste the quilt together, tie it, and do the machine sewing on the binding.  I also have pinned the back of the binding, so now I am ready to do the hand sewing.  I will finish it tomorrow, but here is a picture of the quilt. 

I took the picture on a full sized bed so that the story blocks on the side could show up a little better.

I had to buy a different sheet for the backing of this quilt so that I could get pink.  It is a very silky feeling material, which will be great for comfort, but was very difficult to work with.  It kept slipping and my cutting was horrible.  I also had a problem sewing on the binding because the material kept folding over.  I didn't realize it was happening until I was finished because it was the bottom layer. I managed to get it all tucked back under so that it does not show out the edge of the binding.  I have never had this problem before, and I was shocked to see it. I have to fix one more pucker in the bottom right hand corner where the tie is not flat.  I will get to that tomorrow also.  This quilt will be for Zoe.  I think she will like the pink and somehow I think the yellow is more fitting for Dot.

No comments:

Post a Comment