Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Why Did I Choose Embroidery?

Well, I have begun my embroidery of the Cinderella story blocks. I didn't realize when I chose to embroider the blocks that it would be so difficult to do.  The detail on the faces and hands, in particular, or so small that it is hard to get the true look with needle and thread.  I will continue to do this set of blocks with embroidery because I have started it, but I think I will switch to using fabric markers to do the second set.  I think I will be more successful in getting the look that I want.  Here are the first three blocks that I have finished.

Cinderella wishing she could have gone to the ball instead of staying at home to cook and clean.

Cinderella gets her first magic from her Fairy Godmother and is dressed for the ball.

Fairy Godmother casts her magic on the pumpkin.

I had to take a little break with my embroidering and do some more knitting.  I have a new student in my Sunbeam class at church.  I needed to make him a puppet.  It is a good thing that they take so little time to do.  I sure hope I can learn to do better with the hair.  I'm still having a hard time, particularly with the boys.

I hope he has brown eyes.  I forgot to take a good look at him on Sunday. At least it will be easy to change if I have to.



No comments:

Post a Comment