Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I Wish I Had Thought Of This Earlier!

After taking several days to complete just one block, I decided I needed to do something a little different with the second set of Cinderella story blocks. The embroidering was taking a long time, and it was so difficult to get the fine detail into the pictures with needle and thread.  I started this morning to try using fabric markers for the second set, and I was thrilled with the results.  I cannot get as many color variations with the markers as I have with thread, but the process is so much easier and quicker to do, that it is worth it. I was able to complete the whole set of ten blocks in just a few hours.  Now, I will be able to complete another quilt.  I will be able to assemble the quilt top for one of the Cinderellas.  Here are the results of today's work.

This is block 1, and shows the embroidered one (L) and the marker one (R).

Block 2 embroidered (L) and with marker (R).

Block 3 embroidered (L) and with marker (R).

Marker Block 4: Cinderella on her way to the ball.

Marker block 5: Dancing with the Prince.

Marker block 6: Midnight is almost here.

Marker block 7: Prince views the lost slipper.

Marker block 8: Slipper fits Cinderella perfectly.

Marker block 9: A new home for Cinderella.

Marker block 10: New couple enjoy a horseback ride together.
I am not looking forward to doing this one with embroidering.

Sorry about the smudge on the camera lens.  I have tried, without success, to get it off.  Anyone know how to get rid of a smudge on a camera lens?  Please let me know if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment