Sunday, April 21, 2013

Ellis' Sweater

When I traveled to Maine to visit my son and his family, I was given another request for sweaters for the kids, Ellis and Portia.  Since Ellis doesn't have a sweater that fits right now, I decided to make his first.  I started last Saturday and finished today, Sunday.  I hope it is going to fit.  It is supposed to be a size 6, but it looks smaller.  I measured as I knitted and made sure it was at least as big as the pattern called for.  In some places, I made it even bigger because it was definitely too small, like the length of the armhole. It is 100% wool made from the yarn that came from their own sheep. I hope it doesn't shrink. The colors were picked my his mom and she asked for it to have a zipper and hood.  I chose this pattern because it is fun to make and unlike most patterns.  It starts from the top and works down as one piece, being worked on a circular needle. I have included a picture of the sweater, but will not be able to show the model until I see him later this week. 



I'm not sure if I will start Portia's sweater yet.  She has something she can wear now, because Cheryl gave her Lexi's old sweater that was too small for her.  It is still in good condition, and should fit her quite well right now.  I may wait until the fall to make the new one for her.  We will see.  If I know me, when I have a project to complete, I do it right away.  I hate to wait.  Mom wants the same pattern for Portia's sweater, but she wants it all done in stripes, instead of just the stripe band like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment