Saturday, April 18, 2015

Two for the head and bib overalls for Corduroy

I recently received an order for another headband like one I previously made and for yet another one of the charcoal gray hats like Rhonda's.  Although it isn't the season for wearing wool hats and wide headbands, this order was to be done now so she would not forget to have me do it when they will be needed.  That was good for me because I have the time now.  Also, since I am donating any knit product of choice for the silent auction for next Sat., I figured she could just bid on it and if she wins, she can pay the money to the Young Women to help support going to camp. If she doesn't win the bid, then she can just pay me later.  Either way, I win in the long run.

The hat rib shows nicely, but the headband does not.  It actually has a twisted cable rib stitch down the middle.

I never know when my grandson (5) is going to ask me do make something for him, but when he wants something, he wants it right now.  He knows it doesn't take me long to make something, so it all works out for him in the end.  Yesterday at school, he heard the story of Corduroy the Bear and made a model of one with paper.  He was so happy with his bear. Last night he found one of his stuffed bears that looks sort of like Corduroy and brought it to me today to ask me if I could make him the bib overalls to make him really look like Corduroy.  I of course told him that I could do it, but I would have to go shopping to get the material. I knew I didn't have any green corduroy around.  I almost couldn't find green corduroy, but I finally did.  It wasn't cheap, but I only needed a very little for the project. Joey called me a little while later and asked me what I was doing right now.  I told him that I was fixing lunch and then I was going to make his overalls.  He kept thanking me, but his mom said he was so excited all day that he could hardly enjoy the things they were doing, like going to the daffodil hill to see all the pretty flowers and to the playground (one indoors and one outdoors) and all sorts of other things outside in the first really beautiful Saturday we have had in a long time.  Well, here is his Corduroy Bear with his brand new overalls (even with a pocket).

I couldn't get a great shot of the overalls while the bear was sitting, but he is pretty cute anyway.

This shows the overalls much better. Even the pocket shows. Joey really loved the pocket because he has also heard the story of Corduroy Gets a Pocket. It was supposed to be purple, but I couldn't remember, so I just gave him a green one. Joey said it was fine because it was really neat that I actually made a pocket in the first place.

My next project is going to be back on the sewing machine.  I have another baby to make some things for, and one is going to be a play set with a mat that will be a sea theme.  I made a play set for my Annie that was also a sea theme, but I never made a mat to go with it.  The animals are machine sewn instead of knitted and they fit inside a big dolphin, much like the cow in my last set.  I will probably also make some more bibs and other things for the baby.  I do love making baby things.

No comments:

Post a Comment