Friday, April 3, 2015

Vest + two

Well, I made the vest for Ezra, but since I made my own pattern, it turned out to be too small. Since it was so small, I said Annie could have it and I told Ezra I would make another one for him, but it probably wouldn't have the cow print like Dot's and like the first one.  I used the last of what I had to make the first vest and I didn't think I would be able to find the same cow print material, but I did.  I bought more of it and the leather looking material for Ezra's vest.  I didn't think Lucy should be the only one without a vest, so when I was getting Ezra's material, I saw some Indian looking material that I thought would make a nice vest for Lucy.  I also found a pattern for a Western looking vest so that I could be sure they would fit.  Vests are so simple to make that it took me hardly any time at all and now I have three vests made this afternoon.  I hope Dot won't feel left out, but she already had a nice vest which she got for her birthday.

This is actually the second vest that will be Ezra's.

Lucy's

Annie's. This one actually has pockets which I did not put on the other one so that they would look different.

I think that will be it for sewing machine sewing again for awhile.  Now that I have the baby things finished and the Easter dresses and the vests, I'm not sure what I will work on, but I know it will be something very soon.  I really need to be doing something all the time. I am thinking about what I will make for Christmas presents for the men and for the kids.  I already have the lady's presents done, but will not show them at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment