Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Project

Well, with Christmas over, I have turned my attention to the new grandbaby due in April.  I made plastic canvas toy boxes stuffed with toys for my first four grandchildren.  For the next three, I made knitted Noah's Ark play mats stuffed with toys.  You can see a picture of one in my first blog.  For this new baby, I am also making a play mat, but it is a farm scene instead, since the family are farmers.  I also changed the format of the mat to machine applique rather than knitted.  The animals are knitted in cotton yarn for easy cleaning purposes.  I am making one of each of the types of animals they have on the farm.  Here are a few pictures of what I have finished.                    


                                 
The sheep, rabbit, chick and turkey. Notice how the barn expands for storage of the animals.

This shows the barn in its closed look.

This chick represents the more than 100 chickens they have on the farm.

This is suppose to be Tom, the only turkey they have left on the farm.

This multicolored sheep is for the large flock of sheep from which I get my wool yarn for knitting projects.

They no longer have rabbits on the farm, but I think rabbits are cute, so a rabbit is on this play farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment