Monday, December 19, 2011

Did I say I was done with HATS?

Yes, I did say I thought I was done with hats.  Guess what?  I'm not done.  Last night when I was wrapping the presents for the kids because I thought everything was finished, I realized that Zoe's sweater was also not a hoodie.  I had made hats for Dot and Lucy because theirs were not, so I decided that I need to make at least one more hat for Zoe.  Her sweater has strawberries knitted into it, so I want to make a hat that looks like a strawberry.  I have a pattern for a baby hat that has the look I want, but because it only goes up to 6 mo., I need to do some altering of the pattern.  I hope I can do it because the top of this pattern is very complicated.  Also, it calls for only one color and I want to make it green for the leaves (top of hat) and red for the strawberry part (the body of the hat).  I hope I can do it because it is such a cute pattern.

I finished Eva's order today.  I already had the hats and most of the sweater done, so all I needed to do was finish the sleeves of the sweater and sew on the buttons.  I must have a thousand buttons, but wouldn't you know, nothing in the right size and color for this sweater.  I had to go shopping again, just for buttons.  Jo-Ann Fabrics must have been surprised...all I bought were the buttons.  I already posted a picture of the hats, so here is the sweater.

This is the same sweater pattern that I made for Dot and Zoe when they were one, the little red sweater that Eva purchased before and loved so much that she wanted another one just like it, and one for Lexi for this Christmas.  I think you can actually see the cable better in the picture of this sweater.  I was surprised, because it doesn't seem to show up as much on the sweater, itself. 

Well, it's back to hat making time.  I should be able to finish it tonight...unless I run into some difficulties, but I think I am already through the rough part.  I just started to work the red into it.  I have only done one row of the weaving in, which I already had to take out once because I didn't like the way it looked.  I do like the way it looks this time, so I think it will be a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment