Thursday, December 15, 2011

I Think the Hats are Done!

I have really had a month of hats.  Just when I thought I was finished, I got another order from Eva for two more hats and a sweater for her granddaughter, and she wants it for the first week of January.  I finished the hats in no time, and I am working on the sweater.  Meanwhile, I finished the sewing machine sewing for all the main items for the grand kids.  I still have one small project that I want to do for them on the machine.  I think the knitting is also finished.  I got Dot's and Lucy's hats completed last week.  I really have an extra week to work on presents this year because we aren't going to celebrate Christmas until New Year's Day.  That is good because I have one more project to complete as a family gift for each of the families.  I will work on it the week between Christmas and New Year's so that I will not be interrupted by little hands.

Lucy and Dot's hats took a little planning.  I wanted to use the same cable pattern as I used in the sweaters.  Lucy's was first, and didn't quite match.  I was able to finally get it right with Dot's.

I didn't have enough green yard left to do the hat for Dot, so I used an off-white color of the same yarn.

Lucy's sweater and hat match in color, but the cable pattern wasn't spaced quite right.  Still looks good, I think.

Cloth hat for Eva's grand daughter.

Knit hat in 100% wool, from the Vieira wool, for Eva's grand daughter.
I really hope that this concludes the hats for this year.  I like that they are so easy to do, and take so little time.  Just the same, enough is enough.  I'm also ready to take a little break from the machine for awhile.  Here is a peek at the bath robes that I just finished.  It was hard to get a good shot of them, but I think you can get the idea of how they look.

Portia's bathrobe.

Lexi's bathrobe.

Zoe's bathrobe.

Dot's bathrobe.

Lucy's bathrobe.

Joey's bathrobe.

Ellis' bathrobe.

Jackson's bathrobe.

I have made a lot of things in 2011.  I thank everyone who has given me orders.  I feel my first year of Shirley Made products has been very successful.  I will never make a fortune, but at least I can make enough to pay for my hobby of knitting and sewing and have fun doing it.  That makes it all worth it. 

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment