Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Done Again...I Think...I Hope!

Yes, I think I am finally done with what I thought I had already completed.  I finished Zoe's hat tonight.  It took longer than I had hoped it would.  Because I was trying to adapt a baby hat to a toddler hat, I couldn't get the right number of stitches.  I completed it once and it was much too big.  I took it out and used less stitches.  It looked good on the needle, but it is so hard to tell if it is going to be the right size when working with straight needles.  It isn't nearly as large, but I am afraid it might still be a little too big.  Another problem with this pattern is the number of loose ends of yarn.  This was because I didn't like the way it puckered the leaf pattern.  I am still having a difficult time carrying yarn across the back when using two colors across.  I decided to cut the strings that were too long, but some were too short to weave into the back to make it look better, so I decided to line the hat.  I figured that that would also make the hat fit a little bit better.  I found the perfect fleece material for it in my stash.  It is an olive green color with the edge already blanket stitched.  I cut it to fit, sewed it up and hand stitched the edge.  It will be a nice warm, soft hat...and it looks like a strawberry, too, to match her strawberry sweater.

This is what the hat looks like by itself.  You can see a little bit of green from the lining.

This is the sweater and hat.  I like it.

Just three more animals to make for Ezra's play mat.  It is a good thing I don't need it done before New Year's because it might take me that long to finish them, along with the family project that I want to do next week.

It is this way every year...I work, work, work right up until the last minute.  Then, when Christmas is over, I have a little down time before I get back to working on something new.  I never take too much time off...my fingers need to be busy all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment