Thursday, December 22, 2011

Forest Play Mat Complete

It is 1:45 A.M. and I am tired, but too wired to go to bed.  I know I will just toss and turn and think of all I want to do tomorrow, which is...baking and candy making.  I need to go shopping first thing tomorrow morning to get the ingredients. I hope that I can get it all done tomorrow.  I will need to watch Cheryl's kids again for a few hours, but not all day as usual.  The one good thing is...I completed the play mat tonight, so that won't be on my mind anymore. Here are the final results.

Full mat with the hanging animals.   There are a bunny behind the owl and a raccoon behind the squirrel, as well as the fox and duck that are sewn onto the mat.  All together, the mat has nine animals in it.

Oliver Owl doesn't show up too well in this picture, but he can be seen better in the picture above.

This is the second Nutty Squirrel I have made.  Love the tail.

Teddy Bear is very simple and plain, but forests need bears, so he is in this woodland scene.

Frankie Frog is probably my favorite.


Stinky Skunk is really quite handsome in his black and white suit.


Just for fun, I lined up all the animals on the mat so that you can see all the animals in the scene.




What is a chicken doing in a forest scene?  Well, he isn't really with the mat.  I just made him today to give to Eva for all the things she has ordered from me.  It is just my small token of appreciation to say thanks.  I wanted to show it because I think it is really adorable. The tail doesn't show much, but it is really fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment