Saturday, December 17, 2011

Kids are Done!

It is hard to believe, but the kids presents are done.  I just finished doing a fun little project to go along with their bath robes.  I made bath puppet pals.  These little creatures were tedious, but fun to see come together.  They are an animal puppet made from a wash cloth.  It takes a lot of time to cut out all the little pieces and get them fused to the wash cloth and then they all have to be zig-zagged in place.  It is also a constant changing of thread to get the right colors and changing the stitching between straight stitch and zig-zag stitch.  Some have crooked mouths, or ears, or something, but it just adds character.  So, here they are.

Jackson's bear and Zoe's puppy.

Lexi's bunny and Joey's cow.

Ellis' pig and Portia's lamb.

Lucy's duck and Dot's frog.

I still need to embroider the names of the kids onto a small toy that I purchased for them while we were in Maine a few weeks ago.  When that is done, the kids will be totally completed.  I have one last big family project that I want to finish the week between Christmas and New Year's and I will be done for Christmas 2011.  I am nearly done with the sweater for Eva that I need to have done by the first of the year, but want to finish this week.  Oh, I just forgot, I still have three animals to knit for Ezra's play mat.  I guess I'm not done, yet, but soon I will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment