Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Joey's Sweater

I finished Joey's sweater today.  I was really upset with myself.  The reason I was making it in the first place, is so that he can have a bigger sweater than his old one.  I did make it a little bigger, and the arms were longer, but when I got finished with the body of the sweater, it was just the same length as his old one.  That meant that I had to take out the last ten rows which were the band of the sweater.  I had to knit another six rows to gain another inch+ to the length.  Then, I had to re-knit the ten rows for the band.  It turned out to be a perfect fit for the sixteen inch zipper that I planned to use.

This shot is a little too dark to get a good look of the black sweater, but gives a nice front view of it and the handsome model.

Outside, the sweater shows up better, and gives a better view of the hood.

You can see that the sleeves are plenty long to cover his hands, so he can easily wear another layer under it and will be able to use it for a longer time into the winter.  Now that I have finished the sweater, I will get started on making a very cute pair of pants for little Ezra.  His mom found these pants online, called Monster Booty Longies.  They are adorable, but since I do not have a pattern, I will need to design one by myself.  I'm up for the challenge and can hardly wait to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment