Monday, November 12, 2012

Another Round Completed

Well, I did get a little time to sew today, so I was able to complete three more garments, as well as cut out five more to be sewn.  I cut the sweat pants for Jackson and Ellis.  I figured they could use sweat pants more than dress pants since they do not attend church and need to dress up, but they do play a lot.  Therefore, sweat pants for the two of them.  I was also able to sew both pairs of sweat pants.  I did not make the shirts that are with the pants, but rather, I made the pants to match the shirts that I bought.  I also cut out two pairs of pants for Ezra. Both are corduroy, but one is a little dressier than the other pair.  I bought a mock turtle neck for Ezra that will probably go better with the more casual pair and I cut out a white dress shirt to go with the other pair for church.  I will sew those later.  I also sewed Portia's skirt.  It is the same as the one I made for Lexi, but I did not make the vest for her.  Instead, I am going to make some leggings to match the dots in the material of her skirt.  I also bought her shirt that is shown with the skirt.


I'm showing the side view of the pants for Ellis and Jackson so that you can see the stripe and pocket that are along the sides of the pants.

I'm not sure if this shirt really goes with the skirt.  It is about the same color as the purple flower on the skirt, but the skirt material is a dark brown.  Also, the I love U does not really match.  I don't think it will really matter, because Ellen is not into the matching thing as much as Cheryl is.  I will be making the leggings the same color as the dots and the blue flower, so at least they will match the skirt. I wasn't sure what I would use to make something for Portia when I bought the shirt, but I really liked the shirt and wanted it for Portia.  This material is the closest thing I had to match it.  It is also the material that I am using to make jumpers for Dot and Zoe.

Joey was here for a few minutes today and I was able to get him to try on his suit so that I could mark the hems of the pants and the sleeves of the jacket.  I was able to capture a picture of this sharp looking little man.

What a handsome guy all dressed for church!

I will be sewing away again for the next few days.  I hope Joey and Lexi will let me get some of it done.  I am finished with my knitting projects for now, so I only have machine sewing to do. They have gotten better about letting me do it, so we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment