Friday, November 9, 2012

Second Post For The Day

As I anticipated, I was able to finish the sweater today, so I am posting it before I head downstairs to work on the sewing machine while Lexi is napping.  I am very happy with the final results of the sweater.  I had to make so many adjustments with this sweater to get the correct size.  I was using a different sized needles and yarn.  I also needed to create a hood pattern since the pattern I was using for the sweater called for a collar. All of these adjustments meant that I needed to judge how many stitches to use to get a sweater the size I needed for Tony.  I have made this sweater before for a much smaller man and for a woman which can be viewed in older posts.  Each time, I used a different pattern for the hood.  I couldn't remember which one I used, but I decided to use the style I made with Ezra's sweater that I just made.  I like the way it looks, but I really had to make adjustments in number of stitches and rows to convert this pattern from a nine month to a man.  I couldn't have estimated better.  It came out perfect.  Hurrah!

This shot shows the hood, pockets, and front, but does not show the color as well. It is black.

This shot of the front shows the color that it really is. It is so hard to find a good place to take the pictures.

This is a shot of the back and shows the hood.

Now, it is back to the sewing machine.  Lexi let me try her skirt, vest, and jumper on her this morning.  She really liked the jumper and skirt, but the vest made her mad.  She tried to rip it off because she could not get it to close.  It is supposed to be smaller and just use one button which I have not yet put on.  She couldn't understand that.  She really blew a gasket when I tried to take the skirt off her.  I only wanted to see how long I needed for the hems of the skirt and jumper.  I will finish those, put on the button and sew the side seams of the vest, and try to get her other jumper and two tops finished.  I know I will not get all that done this afternoon, but I hope to get some of it done.  Jon just came to take Joey, so with Lexi sleeping and Joey away, I should be able to get some of it done at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment