Sunday, November 11, 2012

Clothes Projects Going Well

It is past midnight and I am entering this blog to show what I have been able to accomplish today.  I was able to sew Joey's complete suit.  All I have left to do is the hook on his pants and the hems on the pants and on the sleeves of the jacket.  I do not want to do those until I try them on him to get the right length. I also have the jumper, skirt, vest, white top, and pink top that I made for Lexi earlier this week.  I could not show them before because Cheryl had taken them home.  I asked her to bring them back so I can document their completion in my blog.


The jacket looks a little wide here, but it isn't really that wide.  It is just the angle I had to use to get the shot. The suit is made with wide ribbed corduroy and looks very sharp.


I did not make the black top.  I was able to find this black onsie that went well with both outfits. This is the skirt and vest. Cheryl wanted a onsie so that it would not keep coming untucked.

Oops! The hem got a little askew here, but it is really okay on the jumper.


This top is really a deeper pink, and did not really match the jumper above that I was hoping for. She will need to use it with some other thing since it doesn't really match anything that I made for her. She has some black pants that would look nice with this shirt.

I really started feeling guilty because I was making things for Joey and Lexi and not for the other grand children.  I decided that was not really fair, so I am now making some things for the other kids, too.  I have almost everything cut out and I will begin sewing them very soon.  I do not have to babysit tomorrow, but I don't know how much I will get done since Tony also has the day off.  I don't know if he has plans to do something. I really want to get the things done for the Maine kiddos because they will be visiting later this week and I want to send the things back with them.  I also need to finish the Pennsylvania gang's because we will be going to see them the day after Thanksgiving.  I will get those things done first, and then I will get the things made for Marty's kids.  I see them more often since they live right next to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment