Friday, November 9, 2012

Another Busy Day

I have been working on Tony's sweater for his Christmas present.  I am all finished with everything but the hood.  I should be able to finish it today or in just a day or so, depending on how much time I get to work on it. 

In the meantime, I have been given a couple more projects to keep me busy.  Yesterday, Joey came to my house carrying a full sized bed quilt.  It is really soft and he insisted on bringing it with him instead of one of his smaller ones.  He always needs a blankee to cuddle with when he is in the car or when he is ready to sleep.  Anyway, his mom asked if I could possibly make him a smaller one with the same kind of material that the big one was because he says it is so warm and cuddly.  Also, they have misplaced his Red Sox fleece blankee that I made for him a couple of years ago.  Cheryl put it away for the summer, and now she cannot find it.  Joey has been asking for it since he saw his cousin with a Red Sox blanket the other day.  I knew I had some material like the big blanket in my stash.  I took Joey with me to find it.  He was excited because it was red like his old blanket.  He also found another fleece material that he liked.  It is a wintery print with penguins in scarves and hats, snowflakes, etc. all over it.  He wanted that, too.  I thought I could just make one of the fringe tied blankets with the two materials.  I proceeded to cut the fringes and start to tie.  After I had finished tying one side, I realized that the really soft material is not appropriate for a fringe tied blanket.  It was shedding all over the place.  I had to untie it and find another red fleece material to use as a backing.  I got that finished last night.  Here is the result, along with a shot of the old fleece Red Sox blankee that has been misplaced.



Cheryl also requested another project for me to sew.  She said the kids need some new church clothes and that maybe I could make them instead of buying any.  I got the material and started to make them.  I cut them out night before last and started the sewing machine work last night.  I finished a skirt and vest and a jumper for Lexi last night.  I still need to make another jumper and two tops for her which are mix, match outfits.  I also have a corduroy suit cut out for Joey and I will also make a pair of corduroy pants for him.  I may or may not make some shirts for him.  I will see if I have the material in my stock downstairs. I have an easy pattern that looks good that I used to make his Woody costume. 

No comments:

Post a Comment