Monday, October 13, 2014

Costumes for Zoe & Jackson

I visited my son and his family this past weekend.  I decided that it would be a good thing to make costumes for Zoe and Jackson since I have never done that before.  Mindy loved the idea, so I asked what they wanted to be and came home.  I started right away.  First, I had to go to the store to get the material that I would need to make them.  I needed to make a pink kitty and Spiderman costume.  While I was working on cutting out the costumes, I decided to also cut out Joey's and Lexi's costumes.  Joey is going to be Obi-Wan Kenobi from Star Wars and Lexi is going to be Ariel from The Little Mermaid.  I worked all afternoon on Sunday and finished cutting all four costumes.  Today, I sewed all day and managed to get two finished.  I needed to do Zoe's and Jackson's first so that I can get them packaged and sent.  I want to be sure they will get them in time.  I will finish the other two later this week.  I need to have them done by the 25th for the Trunk-or-treat activity at church that night. Here are the finished costumes.

I had to draw all the webs on the red material. I got the spider pattern from online and I bought the mask and gloves.

I decided to make the headband ears instead of a hood, and have Zoe wear her hair down long. Tom will paint the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment