Monday, October 27, 2014

Socks for Kim

Kim certainly loves my socks, so she asks for them just about every year.  She wears them so much that they wear out on her.  Here is the latest pair.  I can actually say that this is probably the first pair of socks I have made that I have not made some big mistake that needs to be taken out and done over.  I had not made socks in a while, so I am surprised at how fast I was able to do them.  It took me about three days to make one sock.

I usually use the self striping wool yarn for socks, but I tried the cotton one this time.  It seems a little stronger and may last longer for her.  At least, that is what I am hoping for. 
I just received an order for some new things, so I am anxious to get started on the projects.  I do plan to make another pair of the wool socks for Kim, but that will be after I complete my two new projects.  I have been asked to duplicate a sweater pull over and a scarf.  Both are really crocheted, but I plan on trying to convert the sweater to knit.  I am going to attempt to crochet the scarf, since it looks like it is just double crocheted strips that are wove like a basket. I think I can do it.  I tried a small swatch last night to see if my plan would work, and I think I am good to go.  I also have to come up with my own patterns, since I have just seen pictures online of what they look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment