Thursday, October 16, 2014

Obi-Wan-Kenobi and Ariel

I just finished the last two costumes.  The Ariel costume was a trial and error type of thing.  I really had to come up with the pattern on my own.  I started by making a simple jump suit like I had with the other costumes.  I covered the legs with the net to make it look fishy. I planned to just add fins with the net material on the sides of the legs.  I could see that that was not going to be enough to make it look like a fish tail, so I made a shape of the body and the tail with the net and made a front and a back.  I thought I would just sew those together and it would look okay, but it was too sheer and the legs showed through.  I decided to cut that same shape out of the green material and put the net over it.  It worked perfectly.  However, it was too short.  That is when I came up with the idea to add the ruffle to the bottom.  I think it finally came out right.  Lexi really wanted to have the shells top, so I just used some shiny pink material with some sheer blue over it.  I made it look like a bikini top.  It works.

Joey as Obi-Wan-Kenobi.

Back of Obi-Wan-Kenobi.


Obi-Wan-Kenobi with hood up and holding an invisible light sabre.

Lexi makes a very adorable Ariel.

Backside of Ariel.
Another cute shot.
Finally, Halloween costumes are finished.  The Christmas pillows and covers are also finished. I am now working on making a winter brimmed hat that I can wear.  I have it knitted.  Now, I have to add the plastic canvas to the brim to make it stiff and add the buttons on the band strap.  I started to make a matching scarf, but it is going to take some time to get it finished. If I don't have any more projects come up, I will just continue to work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment