Thursday, October 30, 2014

Oh, This is Sooooooo Hard!

I am trying to do something new.  I have had an order for an infinity scarf that is crocheted.  I haven't done a lot of crocheting, and I could not find the pattern online like it said it could be found.  I looked at it and decided that it was a braided treble crochet.  I thought it looked like four strands, so I proceeded to make four strands of 300 stitches in treble crochet.  I braided it, and it just didn't look right and I wasn't very happy with the color.  I decided to go buy a different color and try again. I was able to go online again and get some partial explanation from someone who had also tried to make the scarf.  I found out that it was double crochet and that the braid was five strands of 70 inches each.  I have never braided with five strands, so I went online again to find out how.  I found some nice instructions for braiding with five strands on You Tube.  Well, crocheting goes fast, so I was able to complete the five strands very quickly.  However, because I have not crocheted much, my tension was not completely even and so two of the strands were slightly shorter than the other two.  That caused a bit of difficulty when it came time to tie in the braid, since it is an infinity scarf. Well, it is done, and it doesn't look too bad, though it does not look nearly as nice as the one in the picture.  Rhonda is a rather classy gal, so I hope she will be happy with it.  However, if she is not happy with it, she does not have to buy it.  I need to have complete satisfaction for my products before I let someone pay me for them.  I do my best, but since I am not a professional, and I have had no formal training, I need to know that the article I am making meets the satisfaction of the customer.

I always have a difficult time capturing a nice shot of my product.  This is the best I could do with this scarf. It doesn't really show the braid very well, but it does look nice.
I now have to tackle another difficult project for Rhonda.  She has also requested a pull over sweater with very large sleeves and a big loose turtle neck.  It is also crocheted.  I have looked at the picture, and I think I will be able to come up with a pattern in knitting that will look very similar to it.  I hope I can do it.  I'll do my best.  Here's hoping.  She is willing to pay me well for it, so I want to make her very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment