Friday, July 25, 2014

Big Brother Pillow

I might have mentioned before that I wanted to make something for the big brother of my neighbor's baby that I have been making things for.  Well, I decided on the dinosaur pillow.  I think it is really cute and just perfect for a three year old boy.  I had to adjust the pattern because it was supposed to just be a toy and I wanted it to be a pillow.  I should have made the head end a little bit longer, but all in all, I think it came out okay.

The spikes on the spine were supposed to be one color, but I like to mix things up a bit to add color. It is also a good way to use up left over balls of yarn, although it didn't take much yarn to make a spike, especially the first and last two spikes.
This completes the projects for the babies.  I had to do a lot of adjusting on the arches of the play mat.  I thought swim worms would work, but they do not have enough support to hold up the animals. They get all droopy and floppy.  I had to buy the pcv pipe like I have used before and insert them into the worms to give them the support they need.  I may have to get my niece's arches back and put them in hers.  I never left the animals hanging on hers long enough to notice that they lacked the support they needed.  The baby shower is over, so I have already given them to her. I really hate making things that do not do what they are intended to do.  I will give her a call and see what she says.

No comments:

Post a Comment