Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Doll Clothes

I've been working on the doll clothes for Dot's, Lucy's, and Lexi's 18" dolls.  I spent one whole day picking out the material I wanted to use from my scrap supply and cutting out the patterns for the outfits I wanted to make.  I decided to make one of each garment for each girl, but make them all from different material. For two days, I have been sewing the different things.  I have finished a sleeveless dress, a short sleeve top to go with the pair of shorts, and a long sleeve top to go with the pants for each girl.  I still have a long sleeve dress and a short sleeve dress to sew for each of them.
Here are the finished items.  I borrowed one of Lexi's two dolls to try the clothes on and to take the pictures.

Lucy's shirt and shorts.
Lexi's shirt and shorts.

Dot's shirt and shorts.
Lexi's sleeveless dress.
Dot's sleeveless dress.

Lucy's sleeveless dress.  For some reason it is shorter than the others.
Lexi's long sleeve top and pants.

Dot's long sleeve top and pants.

Lucy's long sleeve top and pants.
Most of the things are made from cotton.  The long sleeve tops are made from jersey knit and the pants are made from corduroy.

No comments:

Post a Comment