Friday, July 4, 2014

Forest Play Mat

I just finished the forest play mat set for my niece's baby.  My goal was to have it finished before I left for Arizona on Sat.  Just made it.  I am a little discouraged, because one of the arches bows out a bit on the end where I had to make an extension of the tube.  I am going to have to try to fix it when I get back from my trip.  I have a few days to get it done.  I hope I can remedy the problem.

Ollie Owl matches the theme of the play mat.  It is covered with owls, on both the front and back of the mat.

Scampy Squirrel sports a busy tail.  Hope it holds together better than some I have made in the past.

Romping Rabbit is my own creation.  I just used all the head and body parts like the other animals and added my own ears and pom pom tail.

Sweet Pea Skunk remains one of my favorite of this animal collection. What's not to like about it?

Forest Frog is ready to leap right off the mat and into the hands of the darling little boy who will own him.

Hanging out together above the mat for the baby to see and reach for as he lies below.

This set is made to also be a mobile above a crib.  The arches can extend across the crib while the baby lies on the mat below.  I cannot show a picture of it being used this way because I no longer have a crib set up in my house. You can check it out on my past play mat blog entries.  You may have to go back quite a ways to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment