Thursday, July 10, 2014

Productive Day Until...

Well, I had a really productive day until right at the end. I had to just give up.  Everything was going wrong, and after my sewing machine needle broke, I threw in the towel.  It was time to call it a day and start fresh tomorrow.  However, before everything turned sour, I was able to do a lot of things, and without a lot of hassle.  I finished four bibs, two receiving blankets, and two changing pads.  Here they are.

Hats for my grand baby girl.

This is a really large receiving blanket with a hood for my granddaughter.

Changing pad for my little girl.

Changing side of the above pad.

Hat's for my neighbor's baby girl.

Receiving blanket for my neighbor's baby. Normal size and no hood.

Changing pad for the neighbor.

This shows the outside of the above changing pad opened up.  The other side is all of the polka dotted flannel.
I was working on a body suit for my grand daughter when I started to have problems.  I have never made this pattern before, and it was a little confusing to me.  I am making it out of jersey knit and it is so hard to make small seams. The material kept getting caught down in the machine every time I started a seam.  It stretches so much that you have to be careful not to pull on the material, or it will be all out of shape.  I was trying to do something that I didn't really understand when the needle hit a pin and broke.  I didn't have any needles left for working on knit material, so I had to quit even if I had wanted to keep going.  I picked up some more needles tonight, so I will try again tomorrow when my mind is fresh.  Besides it, I still have four more things to make for this baby and then I will be finished with everything I plan to make for her, except for the quilt.  I haven't even started it yet, but since she is due in August, I don't think she really needs a quilt until later.  I want to get the animals made for the other play set before I do anything else after I finish these sewing machine projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment